Friday 27 July 2012

"Countdown to July 27" Diary: The Final Day

Friday July 27:

Todays the day.
In 25 screens across the UK The Man Inside is released.

There's nothing more to be done except to hope an audience find the film and take something away from it.

I'm under no illusion of what to expect. You'll not see the film on buses, or billboards or television adverts, it's not got that kind of support. So its down to those who want to seek the film out, or people who might take a chance on a little British film over one of the $$$$$$m blockbusters thats on at the moment.

I hope for those that get a chance to see it that it touches them and makes them think a little about the choices we are presented with in life.  thats what the film is about really.

I think this review in The Guardian probably sums it up.

I want to reiterate that its a privilege to get The Man Inside made and onto cinema screens.  I am a simple lad from Colchester in Essex who just wants to tell stories. I never dreamed I'd be able to do this.
I've had to work hard for almost twenty years now to get to this point and I'm proud of what I've achieved.

I'm grateful to everyone who has helped me and encouraged me over the years, especially my parents.

If you cant see the film at the cinema over the next week, then it will be hitting the shops in time for Christmas on December 17.  You can pre-order it on DVD and Blu-Ray.
I've been personally involved with some of the extras on the disk, so I look forward to talking about that nearer the time.

Thank you for your support.

No comments: